Welcome!

Welcome to the Belles of the Ball Blog! We know when you're looking for a residency there are things a wife needs to know too. We hope this information is helpful for you. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.


Sunday, April 1, 2012

Schools in Muncie

Muncie Community Schools: http://www.muncie.k12.in.us/

Yorktown Community Schools: http://www.yorktown.k12.in.us/

Delaware Community Schools: http://www.delcomschools.org/#

Burris Laboratory School: http://cms.bsu.edu/Web/Burris.aspx

St. Mary Catholic School (K-8): http://elementary.stmarymuncie.org/ and http://middle.stmarymuncie.org/

St. Lawrence Catholic School (K-5): http://www.stlawrencemuncie.org/

Heritage Hall Christian School (K-12): http://heritagehallchristian.org/



Some insight from Ashley Ernstberger, a Muncie school teacher, and first year resident wife:
I have been teaching 4th grade for going on five years now at a rural school called Royerton Elementary. It is one of three elementary schools in Delaware Community Schools, which feeds into Delta Middle School and then Delta High School. Royerton is a K-5 building with approximately 520 students.

My school is unique because I can honestly say that each and every teacher gives 100% or more to his or her job, and we only have each child's individual needs in mind. It's not uncommon to see teachers still at school at 5:30 or 6:00 p.m. working on plans and projects. In a day when the public education system can be a little scary, I can assure you that each of our 520 students is blessed to attend Royerton, and I am blessed to teach there!

Since I am from Muncie, I also attended Wes-Del Community Schools throughout my elementary, middle, and high school years. My mom has been teaching at Wes-Del Middle and High School for forty years! Wes-Del is a small yet mighty school system that also provides an amazing education for its students.

No comments: